Thursday, September 07, 2006

OK, I've had it with RTS

Well, we've been complaining for 3 weeks now abut the traffic in Gainesburg, and it would be unfair to say that the opening of 2nd Ave. hasn't improved it some. But I still don't get why it's OK for RTS busses to block intersections on the yellow light. I mean, really, how much is that going to keep them on schedule? I thought that blocking intersections (whether you are a car or a bus) was wrong. Today at Museum and Gale Lemerand, I watched two busses block the intersection (each coming from opposing directions on Museum), and then make aggravated gestures at the drivers who should have had the right of way. RTS does a pretty good job of keeping on schedule, and that's admirable. But when they prevent the rest of us from getting where we are going, they are doing no public service. Honestly, these two drivers -- who were totally blocking the interstection -- were mad at the drivers who had the right of way. Aren't they supposed to be "professional" drivers? Shouldn't we expect them to abide by the rules of the road?

This is really stupid.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I finally sent those yahoos an email, will I hear from them? No.