Thursday, November 30, 2006

Alachua County Judge Mark Mosely

When my family requested a restraining order against a 16 year old kid who has terrorized my son with a pellet gun, a Molotov cocktail, a 2x4, and a gang of people who wanted to fight one boy (my son); when evidence proves that this 16 year old stole my son's cell phone and sold his SIM card (costing me well over $125); when this kid stalked my son on campus and attacked him at a friend's home; and when this kid's friends are bragging that he vandalized my son's car to the tune of more than $500; Judge Mark Mosely decided that there was insufficient evidence to issue a temporary 2-week restraining order and that we needed to wait 2 weeks until we could have a court hearing. This harrassment has gone on for more than 3 weeks. The SFCC police daprtment and ASO are taking this complaint seriously. Judge Mosely apparently doesn't think that upstanding citizens deserve the protection of the court.

While I have filed a supplemental affadavit for the restraining order, the court tells me it will be 3-5 days before a decision. Every day that this kid is free from legal action is a potential problem. Thanks very much, Judge Mosely. Anything can happen in the interim. I hope you realize that it will be your repsonsibility if things go awry.

Please let everyone know how Judge Mark Mosely handled this request for a restraining order, We are professional people, upstanding citizens, and have no previous record. If I am paying this guy's salary (and I am) I expect a little more consideration.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why my dad says "vote the bastards out"....

Anonymous said...

I always vote no on the judges unless I know a great deal about them. I know someone in Gilchrist County who's husband molested their 14 year old daughter. There was video evidence to prove it and at the custody hearing Judge Quinta gave this creep vistitaion to their 2 year old. Not to mention the fact that he verbally belittled the mother. Fortunately Judge Quinta is no longer serving. I wonder how these judges sleep at night knowing the heartaches and fear they cause to those seeking justice.--Susan

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb, tag you're it....

http://gagascorner.blogspot.com/2006/12/tag-im-it.html

Deb said...

Our subsequent request for an emergency order was granted. We appeared in court, and while I don't feel that we got to tell the whole story, the judge did issue a continuance of the injunction until January 8, 2007. He gave both boys (mine included) a well deserved tongue lashing and hopefully woke them up to the consequences of being jerks. Although I was embarrassed to a great degree, I have to say that I would vote for this guy after seeing him in action. I cannot believe the amount of stupid stuff that comes before the court.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

I know this is a little late on the feed, but the legal system in Gainesville is very corrupt...starting at the root. Moseley has been known to be a very non-flexible Judge. He's not the brightest when it comes to reviewing the facts of a case. I really don't agree with him being a Judge, if anything he would probably make a good cashier at Publix.